Monday, March 7, 2011

And life goes on...

Well, it's happened again, I update my blog with every intention of being awesome at updating. I love to read other blogs, but for some reason I don't take the time to keep mine up-to-date. It's not like I don't have the time… I literally spend hours at work reading a book or the news hoping someone will find me a mundane filing job to do—or anything at all. However, I haven't yet justified blogging on my employer's dime. Anyway, now that I've covered the cliché part of trying to explain why I never blog, I will continue with the hopefully interesting part. But I can't make any promises.

James is still going to school and will be from now until eternity. Ok, that was a little bit of an exaggeration, but that's the way it seems sometimes. He is still working at the Lee's market bakery in the wee hours of the morning, but only works two days a week which helps a lot. In fact, he is sleeping right now, and has been since 7:30 p.m., hence, my blogging. "We" are apartment managers still, but really, James does all the work. Plowing snow has been the worst! It just won't stop coming. I think that winter should be just about over, but apparently Mother Nature has other plans as it snowed again after being fairly warm (well, as warm as it can be in the arctic) all day today.

I am still working as a receptionist at a law firm, but we recently split after two of our attorneys started their own firm downstairs. Now, instead of working for Bearnson & Peck, I work for: (ahem) Peck Hadfield Baxter & Moore. It's quite the mouthful, but luckily I only have to say "Peck Hadfield this is Heidi" when I answer the phone. It's still the best job I have ever had, and I hope to be working there full-time eventually. I don't have any required homework for my school, so I come home, make dinner, and recently I have started crocheting. My mom tried to teach me when I was younger, but it never stuck. Now I love it; I'm not ashamed. Now, I'm still a beginner for sure, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

We are both getting really antsy for spring and summer. I cannot wait to go outside and not turn into a Popsicle on the spot. James and I got rock climbing gear for Christmas, and we're excited to break it in. There are also lots of plans for hikes and possibly a road trip if gas prices will go down (or when we buy the bio-diesel car James has been researching). But for now, we're actually really boring. It's Spring Break for James, and he's spending it working. I will do the same when my Spring Break comes in April. Someday it will all pay off, right?

Life is so good and we couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading!

 

Also, I just finished the book "The Guerensy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows for my ward book club. It didn't turn out the way I had planned in my head, but I still really enjoyed it a lot. Look it up!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see another post from you! It's always fun to see what you're up to.

    Cool picture at the end of your post. Where was it taken? I love the photo effect. Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book! Such a good one! Totally different than what I expected, but still great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel,
    I edited the picture in Picknic. Works like a charm for a novice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, life goes on... - True, that. I, too, enjoyed that book - one of my favorites. Glad to hear you guys are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, I found your blog on the relief society blog(I'm kind of creepy like that :P) but I am glad I found it. If you wanted to know, our blog is marieandbrock.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that book though I still stumble over the title. I love that you are learning crocheting. It took me till I was in my thirties and my mom could have taught me but I used Youtube, silly huh, I guess it was more convenient.

    ReplyDelete