Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cool Stuff We Did Vol. II

If you missed Vol. I, HERE it is.

Marathon Teton Hike (aka Sufferfest) with the Titensors

After backpacking, James went on a LOOOONG hike with a family from Preston that he used to work for. It was somewhere over 30 miles in ONE DAY in the Tetons. They started in around 7:00 a.m and didn't get out until around 10:00 p.m.I opted out because I'm a whimp, but it looks like I missed some pretty cool stuff:





They even saw a bear!

Family Pictures

We also had rodeo weekend with James' family (it was actually the weekend before Backpacking, but who cares). While we were all there together, we took some family pictures.

These are our favorites:



Halloween

A couple in our ward invited us to a doggie Halloween party for a company that does agility training and makes gourmet dog treats. We went to try out the agility equipment for free, but we ended up winning the costume contest and taking home some loot!


Isn't it obvious why? James went to the DI, bought a cow stuffed animal, cut its face off, and stuck it on the puppy. She loved it. In fact she cried and whimpered until we put it back on her. Ha! Not! Once she learned she could shake it off, it just hung around her neck all night.

Other things we did that I don't have pictures for:

  • James did a lot of rock climbing with his little brother Aaron during the summer. I went a couple of times, but I'm no good and I just slowed them down. They went while I was at work. Perfect.
  • Speaking of work, I got PROMOTED! Now I'm a paralegal for two attorneys. Loving it so far, but I still have lots to learn.
  • We took a trip to Boise to watch Aaron play in the state soccer tournament. They ended up losing in the consolation round, which was really sad, but we still had fun watching the games. We also went there to visit James' friend Stetson who is going to school up there.
  • School started for James (no more school for me!!). Right now he is studying Accounting and the semester seems to be going really well.
  • We went on an over night camping trip with James' brother Joseph, his wife Lisa, and their little girl Adalynn. Wes and Aaron came up to roast hot dogs and brats and then the rest of us stayed the night. We went on a short hike in the morning (saw a dead moose) and then headed home.
  • The day of our camping trip I ran home and got cleaned up and then went to Salt Lake with my sister Michelle (the rest of the family was in St. Louis for my grandpa's 80th birthday gift) to the General Relief Society session. It was fun to be in the Conference Center and to spend some time with Michelle. 
 Whew! You made it to the end! Thanks for sticking with me. I'll try to stay more current on this little blog, but I won't make any promises. :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, it's good to hear how you are doing and what you have been up to. I miss the ward so so much! Anyways, looks like you two have been having fun! I am a little jealous because I wanted to do more hiking this summer but as I got bigger, it got harder. :P Now next summer when we go hiking, we will be packing a baby with us. :)

    ReplyDelete