Welcome back! Ready to see our downstairs? This is where we spend most of our time doing homework (James), crafting (Heidi), and using the computer.
If you'd like to see the upstairs, see
this post.
 |
| Come on down the stairs to the basement. |
 |
| The other spare bedroom/our pretend like we workout room. |
 |
| I told you this house had a TON of storage. Half of the basement is unfinished, which allows us to hide all of our junk. |
 |
| The storage area from the other direction. |
 |
| The is where we keep canned goods/food storage. AND, the previous owners left us this awesome freezer. |
 |
| This room may not seem very special to most people, but to us it's a dream come true! We've been doing laundry at our parents' or spending $10 a pop at the laundromat every week for almost three years. We deserve this. Plus, the previous owners left the washer and dryer too! |
 |
| Now, down the hall... |
 |
| To the office/craft room! I didn't even bother cleaning this room up. Don't judge us. |
 |
| This is my craft space! Much better than the cardboard boxes of "crapt" (as James calls it) stuff I had stored in closets at our previous dwellings. James is in the process (bless his heart) of building me a cube organizer for all this stuff so I can stop storing it on the floor in piles. |
 |
| The table top is an old door we got from the apartment we managed (see previous post). It's a real life antique! (The home was built in 1890) It will be much more useful once we get a glass top for it. |
Other things we love about our home (in no particular order):
- It has a fenced yard which allows us to let Sophie out without worrying that she'll run away.
- The basement has regular-sized windows which let in lots of natural light.
- Dishwasher
- New carpet that actually looks better when it's been vacummed.
- Raspberry bushes. We moved in during the middle of the summer and still got LOTS of fruit.
- Blue doors. Those will not be changed.
- Garbage disposal.
- The ward. It wasn't what we were expecting, but it's been really great and we're making new friends. I've been called to be "the" young women's adviser (we only have seven young women) which has been great so far, and James is a district supervisor in Elders quorum.
- The fact that we can blast music/movies and not bother anyone.
- It's OURS!
Thanks for reading!
Your house is so cute! You've done a great job of painting and decorating it. And isn't it a great feeling to have a whole house all to yourself after apartment living for so long? Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! Looks great.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you moved into a house! How exciting! Congrats to you guys. We are putting an offer on a home in Hyrum today. Fun stuff! :) Hope you guys are doing well.
ReplyDeletemwahahahaha.... i have found your blog. ;)
ReplyDeleteNo no... I wasn't stalking you. I just happened to come across a post on FB with a link to it. So... I think 90% of the women in our office are YW leaders!!! I just got called in August. I know Kim, Kristie, & Mindy are as well.
So jealous of your house! I hate going back to apartment life! Someday... someday... :)